Here’s How to avail Online EPF Withdrawal facility:
From the very beginning, EPF withdrawal used to be a tedious process. You were required to submit a large number of documents. Moreover, after submission of the claim, the settlement took long waiting period of at least 3-4 months.
In May 2017, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) took an ambitious step to end this predicament. It launched an online facility for settlement of EPF claims. It could achieve this using computerization. All the field offices were connected to the central server for allowing the smooth exchange of information.
Under the online facility, you will be able to conduct complete/partial withdrawal of provident fund (PF) money. The facility also encompasses submission of claims for pension fixation.
The applicant would be required to submit one-page Claim Form instead of a plethora of documents. The online EPF Withdrawal facility is likely going to shorten the processing time. It is expected that the claim settlement may take place in as less as 20 days.
The best part is that you can submit the claim form online to EPFO without attestation of employers. Due to the online facility, you need not send the print out of claim form to the employer or EPFO.
You need not get worried about the location of the field office. You can submit your EPF claim at anytime from anywhere without physically going to the field office.
Now, you can visit UAN portal (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/) directly to apply for EPF Withdrawals. The EPFO portal can be used to submit following types of EPF claims:
1. EPF Full/Partial Withdrawal
2. EPS Withdrawal
3. Loans & Advances against EPF
Pre-requisites to avail Online EPF facility
To avail the benefit of online facility, you need to fulfil following requirements:
1. You need to possess an active Universal Account Number (UAN).
2. Your mobile number must be authenticated and seeded against your UAN. It would enable conducting OTP based verification during claim submission.
3. Along with that, your Aadhaar number needs to be authenticated and seeded against your UAN. Kindly ensure that your UAN credentials like name, date of birth, gender and other details match with those of Aadhaar.
4. Your Bank Account along with IFSC code needs to be authenticated and seeded against your UAN.
5. There lies a purpose behind furnishing of Aadhaar seeded bank accounts as well as Aadhaar by EPF members. It would serve two objectives simultaneously. Firstly, it would facilitate better identification of the EPF member.
Secondly, it would help in merging of multiple EPF accounts. Your employer may generate your member ID each time you switch from one company to another. It results in the creation of multiple UAN or member IDs.
Before availing the online facility of EPF withdrawal, you need to ensure that you possess one UAN. For this to happen, you would be required to initiate a merger request of multiple UAN into single UAN.
6. Your Permanent Account Number (PAN) needs to be seeded in the EPFO database. It would come handy towards EPF Full Withdrawal in case service tenure is less than 5 years.
7. If you have multiple UAN or member IDs, then you need to consolidate them before applying for online EPF withdrawal.
To withdraw EPF in Full using online facility, you need to fulfil following service-related requirements:
1. The EPFO must have your Date of Joining and Date of Exit.
2. You should not be employed currently in any establishment covered under the EPF Act.
3. You need to submit the claim not before expiry of two months after leaving the organisation.
To withdraw pension under EPS using online facility, you need to fulfil following service-related requirements:
1. Your service tenure needs to be more than 6 months and less than 9.5 years.
2. The EPFO must have your Date of Joining and Date of Exit.
3. You should not be employed currently in any establishment covered under the EPF Act.
4. You need to submit the claim not before expiry of two months after leaving the organisation.
The online facility can be used to withdraw EPF partially subject to following conditions:
1. The EPFO must have your Date of Joining.
2. Now you need not submit utilisation certificates for EPF Partial Withdrawals.
3. The partially withdrawn PF amount will be credited to your bank account i.e. linked to your UAN.
4. You cannot get the amount transferred to a third party bank account using online facility.
Steps to withdraw EPF & EPS balance online
1. Login to your unified portal member interface. You would need UAN and password as credentials.
2. Check your KYC details like name, date of birth, gender, etc. Ensure that they are correct and have been verified. In the case of any discrepancy, you can modify them by clicking on “Manage” followed by KYC link.
3. Click on “Online Services”. In the drop-down menu, click on CLAIM (FORM- 31, 19 & 10C).
4. You need to choose the appropriate withdrawal claim i.e. EPF Full Withdrawal, EPF Partial Withdrawal, EPS Withdrawal or Loans & Advances against EPF.
5. Now, you need to authenticate your PF claim online via e-KYC. You will receive OTP (One-Time Password) on the mobile number that is registered with UIDAI. It will help in the completion of claim submission online.
6. EPFO will fetch your e-KYC credentials from UIDAI. Your claim processing will begin afterwards.
7. You can even check the status of your claim. All you need to do is click on “Online Services”. In the drop-down menu, choose “TRACK CLAIM STATUS”.
The herculean task of getting your EPF claims settled has become a cake walk with the advent of Online Withdrawal facility. All you need is to ensure that your Aadhaar, Bank Account & PAN are linked to UAN.